Spinach & White Bean Salad Recipe
-1 or 2 tablespoons vegetable or chicken broth/stock
-1 10 oz bag pre-washed spinach (or more!)
-2 cups cooked white beans
-1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
-1/4 cup (a handful) fresh basil leaves, chopped into ribbons
-1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
-1 overflowing tablespoon lemon juice
-1/8 cup olive oil
-salt & pepper to taste
1. Whisk all of the dressing ingredients together and set aside. You will likely have more dressing than you will use.
2. In a skillet over medium heat add enough broth to cover the bottom of the skillet. Add the spinach and allow it to wilt and the broth to reduce.
3. When there is room in the pan add in the beans and cook for just a minute more to allow more of the broth to reduce and the beans to warm.
4. Remove from the heat and add halved tomatoes, and basil.
5. Add the dressing a little at a time, tossing the salad between additions. The salad will already have moisture so add the dressing a little at a time, tossing the salad between additions.
5. Add salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy!